Return to Bike Laws page. 11.90.700: Crossing New Pavement And Markings: No person shall ride or drive any animal, bicycle, or vehicle, across any newly made pavement or freshly applied markings on any highway when a sign, cone marker, or other warning device is in place warning persons not to drive across such pavement or marking. (Ord. 3549 Sec. 1 (part), 1994)
11.90.930: RCW Sections Adopted - Operation of Nonmotorized Vehicles: The following sections of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) pertaining to the operation of nonmotorized vehicles as now or hereafter amended are hereby adopted by reference as a part of this Chapter in all respects as though such sections were set forth herein in full: RCW 46.61.750, 46.61.755, 46.61.758, 46.61.760, 46.61.765, 46.61.770, 46.61.775, and 46.61.780. (Ord. 3549 Sec. 1 (part), 1994)
11.90.940: Bicycles - Obedience to Traffic Control Devices:
(1) Any person operating a bicycle shall obey the instructions of official traffic control devices applicable to vehicles, unless otherwise directed by a police officer.
(2) Whenever authorized signs are erected indicating that no right or left or U-turn is permitted, no person operating a bicycle shall disobey the directions of any such sign, except where such person dismounts from the bicycle at the right-hand curb or as close as is practicable to the right edge of the right-hand shoulder to make any such turn, in which event such person shall then obey the regulations applicable to pedestrians. (Ord. 3549 Sec. 1 (part), 1994)
11.90.950: Bicycles - Parking: No person shall park a bicycle upon a highway other than:
(1) Off the roadway except in designated areas;
(2) Upon the sidewalk in a rack to support the bicycle;
(3) Against a building; or
(4) In such manner as to afford the least obstruction to pedestrian traffic. (Ord. 3549 Sec. 1 (part), 1994)
11.90.960: Bicycles - Riding on Sidewalks:
(1) A person may ride a bicycle on any sidewalk or any roadway unless restricted or prohibited by traffic control devices.
(2) Whenever any person is riding a bicycle upon a sidewalk, such person shall yield the right of way to any pedestrian. (Ord. 3549 Sec. 1 (part), 1994)
11.90.970: Unclaimed Bicycles: All unclaimed bicycles in the custody of the police department shall be disposed of as provided in chapter 63.32 RCW. (Ord. 3549 Sec. 1 (part), 1994) Return to Bike Laws page.